The savviest real estate agents understand the power of Google. They work tirelessly, employing SEO best practices to ensure their websites and blog posts rank high in search results. But this strategy only works for some, although very important, it takes a considerable amount of expertise and time to see a measurable ROI. Google AdWords offers a more straightforward approach for helping your business stand out amongst competitors.
Why AdWords is effective
Google AdWords works for real estate agents because it’s simple. You create the text and images for your ad, and you pay when someone clicks. This gives you a chance to test out different ads, evaluate effectiveness, and pay for what works. You have the flexibility to continuously redefine your keywords and audience.
Furthermore, unlike the major real estate portals, your ads aren’t running alongside your competitors’. You can use these ads for both commercial and residential real estate.
If you incorporate AdWords into your marketing plan, you’ll have a surefire way to lower the competition and generate qualified leads.
The basics of using AdWords
Though AdWords can work for your business, it’s important to understand how the ad network functions and ensure you’re maximizing your potential. You can do this in a few simple steps:
- Choose keywords: AdWords is all about keywords. These are the search terms that your potential buyers use to look for your service. Brainstorm a list and use AdWords’ Keyword Tool to find out how popular each word is. The more popular a term is, the more money you’ll pay per click and the more competition you’ll have. Less popular terms will have a smaller reach but give you more of a chance to stand out. Figure out which words work best for your strategy.
- Build your ad: Create a compelling ad creative. This ad should include your keyword, text and images, and a clickable call-to-action. The clickable link should lead to a dedicated landing page, where you can gather customer info.
- Select your budget: Designate the length of your ad campaign as well as your budget. You can opt for Google to decide your cost per click, which is helpful in order to get the most clicks possible per day.
- Assess: Based on the above factors, Google assigns your ad a quality score. The ads with the highest quality scores are shown when certain keywords are searched. The better your score, the more clicks you’ll receive. Watch your ad’s performance and adjust your ad elements or keyword focus as required.
Best practices for AdWords
In addition to understanding and mastering the basics of AdWords, there are a few additional tips that can help you stand out.
- Consider incorporating your business’ name into your keyword if you have some name recognition.
- Run multiple ads at once to understand what works best.
- Be creative. You have limited space for the body of your ad, but use it to your advantage by incorporating humor and personality.
- Be specific about the countries in which you’d like your ad to be shown and whether you’d like it shown on mobile, desktop, or both.
- Ensure your call-to-action is one of the most visible aspects of your ad.
AdWords is an advertising weapon that generates real results faster than organic SEO strategy, but it must be fully maximized to reap the benefits.
Ad Copy: Google AdWords offers real estate agents a faster and “easier” way to generate leads compared to long-term SEO strategies. But to get results, it’s critical to understand the most effective best practices.